22 May 2006

Benefits or Challenge?

My job rocks. At least, most of the time it rocks. I set my own hours (within reason of course), and have to put in 80/2 weeks. No weekends unless preauthorized though. I get a ridiculous amount of money for the actual job requirements. Sometimes I even get to travel. But I think I have become spoiled.

I have to stay until 5:30 2 days a week now!!! And I am whining about it. I love the ability to come in at 7, stay until 3, take no lunch and GO HOME. Right now, I feel like I ought to be almost done, not have 3 more hours left. My whole evening is shot!! How can one do anything with that little amount of time left before lights out?

And the travel has disappeared. My job has 2 intense weeks every 4 months. So I thought in the off time, I would get to travel for other contracts. No No No. How Wrong I Was. And we all know how I hate to be wrong.

Apparently I am 'critical personnel' and cannot be gone from my desk for 7-10 days (including weekends) to go to nifty places and support other people. Very Disappointing. If this doesn't clear up by the end of the summer, I will have to go to the boss and tell him I need another billet. I don't think he will care, but even if it means a paycut I will take it. I don't know how much longer I can take this desk.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home